Human Resources/Bank Employees Suggestion Box.

Dear Mark

Do you recommend to have Bank Employees Suggestion Box in Bank branches?.

The Bank Employees will forward their concerns, grievances and suggestions in Suggestion Box.

Hi again Prashant S Akerkar,

My answer remains the same for corporate office and branch office. It would be very wise to have the branch managers have a round table with their employees possibly once a quarter to reveal ideas, concerns, and issues.  It would be valuable for the branch office.  And, it would be very valuable when the corporate office has branch manager meetings.  At those meetings a section of time should be dedicated to employee feedback from round tables -- branch manager's could present their findings so the corporation could look for common threads across the corporation -- ideas, issues, concerns that should be addressed.

A more effective why would be to have an employee survey done every 18 months or so.

Either way, round tables or employee surveys, feedback and communication of related act ion plans are critical as it proves and confirms that management and leadership is concerned and interested in the employees opinion and work environment.  And, it is one factor that contributes to employee engagement at work.  Conversely, to do round tables and surveys and not have related feedback and action plans would be a serious impediment to positive work culture and employee engagement.

Thanks for your question !!!

Human Resources

Mark Eichinger

Any type of question related to domestic and international Human Resources work. My H.R. passions include Compensation design and systems in competitive markets, Health and Safety in Industrial Environments, Performance Management, Talent Management (Hiring, Selection, Employee Development, Compensation, Creating Space, etc.), Communications, Coaching, Counseling, Leadership, and Management. Questions I cannot answer: I am sure there are questions within these categories that I may not be able to answer but my experience below would suggest those would be few.

I own International Human Resources Coaching and Consulting, LLC. Previously, I successfully held corporate executive and management leadership positions from 1979 to 2007 in two $9B+ multi-national corporations. Positions included: Vice President, Human Resources for the Asia Pacific Region, Eaton Corporation; I was based in Shanghai, China. Prior to that assignment, Vice President, Human Resources International and Operations, Eaton World Headquarters, Cleveland, Ohio with global responsibility for Eaton’s Human Resources practices, international assignee management, and Regional Human Resources Directors in Asia Pacific, Europe, and Central and South America. Specifically, my experience spans work at domestic and international locations at the operating plant, division, business unit, and corporate levels and most business scenarios to include startups, closedowns, restructurings, integrations, and ongoing operations. I am an Eaton Business Excellence Assessment Examiner (Malcolm Baldrige based system). I introduced processes and process mapping into the Human Resources environment. I have extensive experience with and working in domestic and international organization matrix structures. In the Asia Pacific region, my responsibilities included, leading the regions H.R. team and processes, managing the H.R. relationship with the corporation, creating and leading the professional and general manager development programs, China’s university relations program and managing the Asia Pacific key leader’s process. I have coached managers and leaders. I am a professional listener, my style open, direct, and focused on leader accountability and employee engagement. In Summary, my career responsibility included more than 60,000 employees, 60 union and union free operations, and 45 countries. I also lived in Korea for two years while in service with the USA’s armed forces.

SCORE – Counselors to Americas Small Business; at various locations I have also belonged to Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis and the Chamber of Commerce. I have served on Boards of medical, community and institutional organizations.

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Youngstown State University. MBA work Youngstown State University, and University of Bridgeport. University of Tennessee, Lean Manufacturing Certified. Thunderbird School of Global Management, Management Certified.

Corporate level awards for compensation systems, communications campaigns.