Human Resources/Fixing Wallpaper in Corporate office.

Dear Pankaj

Do you feel that fixing appropriate Wallpapers designs in the corporate office can give a good look and feel office environment?.

Dear Prashant
I am not an expert on office decor. However, what I do realize is that a decor that promotes the environment that one wants to create in the organization can be useful. For example, if one wants to promote an environment of informality & fun, then bright colors could be useful with some fun designs on the walls. My guess is that whether they are done through paintings or wall papers will not matter.

However, if I were you, I would consult an architect to help me create the ambiance that I want in the organization. Hope this helps. All the best.

Human Resources

Pankaj Bhargava

Questions related to choice of career, inter-personal issues at the workplace, performance management issues, structure issues, compensation structuring issues, culture building issues, linking HR with org. strategy

22 years in HR and Org. Development, designing & facilitating interventions, leading an HR team of an Indian multinational & facilitating multiple organizations across industries to build the desired culture to serve business need

HR magazine of TISS (an HR institute of repute - Tata Institute of Social Sciences)

B. Tech (Chemical Engineering) from IIT Mumbai (one of the most reputed engineering school in India) and PGDM (MBA) from IIM Kolkata (one of the most reputed management institutes in India).

Was awarded the Gold Medal for excellence in HR by the Bengal Chamber of Commerce at IIM