Human Resources/help

Hello I am doing mechanical engineering 2year 3rd semi. I am not understanding anything in course. I completed 12th science but because of low mark in pcm I failed to take admsn in degree. I joined diploma mechanical passed with 70 % and I am now in 3rd semi degree. I am thinking to leave degree and join a job on diploma mechanical basis. I also thinking to join bba  thrgh distance education. So pls suggest me can I go ahead

Dear Piyush
A basic education forms the basis for entering into the professional world. Once you are there, it is your attitude of learning and getting things done that will help you to do well.

A diploma is a good starting point. You have done well in Diploma. An engineering degree would have been useful provided you are finding it meaningful and are able to understand and do it. Since that is not the case, it may happen that you take far longer to clear the course and even then if your concepts are not clear, your diploma will be valued more than your engineering degree for the job.

As you rightly said, once you start a job you can keep adding to your education in various forms. It will call for extra hard work but can be done if you are prepared for it.

Yet, the final decision has to be yours so that you are at peace with the decision you take. Hope this helps you take your decision. Do revert if you want me to clarify any aspect. All the best.

Human Resources

Pankaj Bhargava

Questions related to choice of career, inter-personal issues at the workplace, performance management issues, structure issues, compensation structuring issues, culture building issues, linking HR with org. strategy

22 years in HR and Org. Development, designing & facilitating interventions, leading an HR team of an Indian multinational & facilitating multiple organizations across industries to build the desired culture to serve business need

HR magazine of TISS (an HR institute of repute - Tata Institute of Social Sciences)

B. Tech (Chemical Engineering) from IIT Mumbai (one of the most reputed engineering school in India) and PGDM (MBA) from IIM Kolkata (one of the most reputed management institutes in India).

Was awarded the Gold Medal for excellence in HR by the Bengal Chamber of Commerce at IIM