Human Resources/Workers comp

Question
Hello and good morning Jim. How does workers comp work? I bring up the issue because I was injured at work last week. I work in public safety and sometimes I face situations that require me to put myself in dangerous situations.

Thank you Jim. I live in Arizona.

Answer
Workers compensation is designed to pay any medical bills incurred as a result of a work related injury and to insure you dont get terminated during your disability.
If you are medically able to work and do your usual job, essentially workers comp is not involved regardless of the potential of injury at work, only after a disabling injury has occurred.
Hope this helps.
Jim

Human Resources

Jim Dromsky