Human Resources/Pennsylvania statutes regarding direct deposit

Hello. I recently read an answer of yours regarding whether or not an employer can mandate direct deposit as the only payroll method for its employees. While the answer did fulfill most of my questions, it did raise more.

Firstly, you referenced "Pennsylvania Stat. 7.6121; Pennsylvania Stat. 7.6122". I was wondering if you could provide some reference or resource to the actual statute texts, as I've been searching through the internet, but cannot find them myself.

Also, you'd said that the employer must provide a written record of the deposit prior to, or at the time of the money transfer. My employer does not provide us with any sort of paper proof of deposit. When we received our last pay checks prior to the transition, we were given a short memo informing us of the transition and told to sign up for the payroll site. The process was lengthy and in no way easy, and even so did not allow us to open the pay stub, only to print them. which many of us, myself included, do not have access to a printer. So I haven't seen any of my last several pay stubs, and neither have several co-workers. Is this legal? Can My employer do this?

Thank you for your time, and I'll be eagerly awaiting your response.

Pennsylvania 260.3 (a) Every employer shall pay all wages, other than fringe benefits and wage supplements, due to his employees on regular paydays designated in advance by the employer. Overtime wages may be considered as wages earned and payable in the next succeeding pay period. All wages, other than fringe benefits and wage supplements, earned in any pay period shall be due and payable within the number of days after the expiration of said pay period as provided in a written contract of employment or, if not so specified, within the standard time lapse customary in the trade or within 15 days from the end of such pay period. The wages shall be paid in lawful money of the United States or check, except that deductions provided by law, or as authorized by regulation of the Department of Labor and Industry for the convenience of the employee, may be made including deductions of contributions to employee benefit plans which are subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, 29 U.S.C. 1001 et seq. (b) Every employer who by agreement deducts union dues from employees' pay or agrees to pay or provide fringe benefits or wage supplements, must remit the deductions or pay or provide the fringe benefits or wage supplements, as required, within 10 days after such payments are required to be made to the union in case of dues or to a trust or pooled fund, or within 10 days after such payments are required to be made directly to the employee, or within 60 days of the date when proper claim was filed by the employee in situations where no required time for payment is specified.

260.4. It shall be the duty of every employer to notify his employees at the time of hiring of the time and place of payment and the rate of pay and the amount of any fringe benefits or wage supplements to be paid to the employee, a third party or a fund for the benefit of the employee and any change with respect to any of these items prior to the time of said change. Alternatively, however, every employer may give such notification by posting the aforementioned facts and keeping them posted conspicuously at the employer's place of business. Further, in cases where wages, amounts of any fringe benefits or wage supplements are set forth in a bona fide collective bargaining agreement and copies of that agreement are available to employees, then this shall satisfy the employer's duty to give notice.

6121 and 6122 Prior written request by employee is required and a written agreement is needed to set forth terms and conditions for direct deposits. Employee must be able to choose financial institution.

Human Resources

Shirley McAllister, CPP, PHR

I can answer questions pertaining to Compensation, Health Benefits, Retirement Plans, Payroll,Payroll taxes, Employee selection, Employee Termination, Training, and Employee Incentives. I have offices in U.S., Canada, UK, South Africa,Australia and NZ. I am most confident in the U.S. and Canadian but have knowledge of the internationals. I do not have extensive knowledge of South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. I do have some Human Resource Knowledge in those areas. Please do not ask me homework questions, I do not have time to answer them.

I currently hold both the U.S. and Canadian Payroll Certifications. I currently hold the SHRM PHR certification. I have worked in the Human Resources area with high emphasis on compensation and benefits for 25 years at the same company. My company is an international company and I work with our International offices whenever there is a Human Resource area needing addressed. I volunteer on the American Payroll Association hotline and have for the last 10 years or so. I answer many questions each week for other payroll and HR professionals, mostly on taxes, benefits and compensation issues. I have been the trustee for our 401K plan for Retirement benefits and our 125 Cafeteria Plan for Health Insurance benefits.

SHRM, National APA, National DOLEA, State National Mentoring Network I.O.M.A. Advisory Board

Boise State University Human Resource Certificate Program PHR through SHRM CPP through American Payroll Association Payroll Administrator and Payroll Supervisor certification through Canadian Payroll Association Published writer of Payroll and Benefit articles in a payroll Publication 25 years experience in an International Company

Citation of Merit 8 years in a row for hotline service for A.P.A. Honor Award for child mentoring service through RSVP and National Mentoring A "Pat on the Back" award for outstanding leadership as a Youth Group Leader by "The Salvation Army." Runner up for Employee of the Year at my Company twice and Employee of the month 4 times.

I used to answer questions on when they had a similar quesition and answer section. I volunteer for APA hotline I also belong to several HR forums when I often answer questions