Human Resources/PHd

Question
Sir,

Kindly help me decide that which topic should i go for submitting a research proposal for PHd. I have done Masters in International Business and i love the field relating cross-cultural management.

Thanks.

Answer
Hello Ameer,

Thanks for your question! I usually do not answer "homeework" questions but since I can provided broad-based topical ideas I will make an exception in this case.

I am assuming your PHD is also related to international business, so I proceed on that basis.
Here are some suggestions. At the root of the following suggestions are the high failure rate of international M & A's. There are a lot of info, research, data, and papers out there to support this topic.

-- Anatomy of a successful international acquisition (and why they fail)

-- The role of matching workplace cultures (or management) in making successful acquisitions

-- Managing workplace culture of an international business

-- The role of culture management in successful international M & A's.

Why do I stress workplace culture --- the data would tell you it is huge reason for international M & A success for failure.

Hope that helps Ameer... good luck with your project.

Mark  

Human Resources

Mark Eichinger