Human Resources/Phd course in psychology

Question
Respected sir,

I have been looking for any college or university that offers full time phd course in psychology in mumbai,i have been to kalina mumbai university as well as churchgate mumbai university for inquiry purpose, but did not recieved any guidance except to search on net..
I have completed B.A from mumbai university with psychology majors by distance learning and later M.A in psychology through swami vivekanad college of distance learning vinayaka madras university.
I am curious to know if i am qualified enough to apply for phd course after distance learning.
Secondly i need to know about M.phil,what are the career options ..and is M.phil enough to get a reputed career as psychologist?
Thankyou

Answer
Hi
1. The psychology courses are at SNDT and Mumbai University for sure. You need to meet the PHD department who should be able to guide you.
2. You should be a postgraduate or Mphil with 55% to qualify for Phd.You need to check if they consider distance learning as a qualification.
3 You should be qualified to do the PHD from distance learning. But an honest suggestion is that do the PHD atleast full time as all your qualifications are through distance education. You may face a problem in future unless you want to start you own consulting.
4 Doing MPhil will surely help you get a job as a counsellor with practising psychologist, or in the schools or colleges. You can be teacher ( but BEd required) or lecuturer. There are many options for a psychologist.

Regards

Lakshmi

Human Resources

Lakshmi Murthy