I have been looking for any college or university that offers full time phd course in psychology in mumbai,i have been to kalina mumbai university as well as churchgate mumbai university for inquiry purpose, but did not recieved any guidance except to search on net..
I have completed B.A from mumbai university with psychology majors by distance learning and later M.A in psychology through swami vivekanad college of distance learning vinayaka madras university.
I am curious to know if i am qualified enough to apply for phd course after distance learning.
Secondly i need to know about M.phil,what are the career options ..and is M.phil enough to get a reputed career as psychologist?
1. The psychology courses are at SNDT and Mumbai University for sure. You need to meet the PHD department who should be able to guide you.
2. You should be a postgraduate or Mphil with 55% to qualify for Phd.You need to check if they consider distance learning as a qualification.
3 You should be qualified to do the PHD from distance learning. But an honest suggestion is that do the PHD atleast full time as all your qualifications are through distance education. You may face a problem in future unless you want to start you own consulting.
4 Doing MPhil will surely help you get a job as a counsellor with practising psychologist, or in the schools or colleges. You can be teacher ( but BEd required) or lecuturer. There are many options for a psychologist.
1. Recruitment - Policies, sources, methods, interviewing skills, Offer, strategies on recruitment
2. Training - Setting up training department, methods, sources, content development on any soft skills ,conducting training, evaluation of training,
3. Performance Management- KRA, MBO,potential appraisal, coaching, counselling
Any questions related to talent management, initiating change, managing change, creating policy and process documents for HR department, implementing ERP for HR department like Aspen, Peoplesoft, HR Mantra, JR Edwards, Developing strong MIS reporting systems for tracking and assessing HR performance, employee engagement activites, implementing syncronous and non-syncronous modes of training, elearning,
I have about 18 years of experience in the field of HR primarily in software and services industry.
Organizations Patni - 12 years - Senior Consultant ( Heading the Softskills training for 5 years)
Zycus - 3 years - Head- HR
Tops Security - 7 months- Vice President - HR & Admin
Education/Credentials MBA in Personnel Management-1991
Awards and Honors - Excellent Performance award twice in Patni
- About 4 Team Awards for various achivement in Patni
- Zycus was ranked amongst the top 50 Best Places to Work in 2006
- Certified for MBTI training
- Certified for Behavioural Analyst (DISC profiles)