Human Resources/Request to provide answer

Question
I have joined as a process advisor in a private bank from 2011-2012,due to some personal reasons i couldn't survey in my notice period.After few months i have joined in another concern and they asking for relieving letter i don't have that so i have shown my bank statement.currently I have got selected in another bank they are asking for relieving letter of the first concern which i have worked.I have only the relieving letter of last employer.I tried to reach the bank but they are not even giving any acknowledgement.Kindly help me to how to proceed further.

Answer
Hello Sankar !

Thanks for you question.

If you really need the letter from the first firm, you should call someone in Human Resources there, or in adminstration, or visit, or call the supervisor directly you worked for to secure the relieving letter.  You should know if you quit without providing a required notice period the first concern my feel justified in refusing to provide the letter.

If the first firm refuses to provide the letter then you should be honest with your new firm and explain why you quit without notice.

I wish you good luck with your new firm !!!

Mark

Human Resources

Mark Eichinger