Human Resources/How to respond to Follow Up email

After my interview I sent an Thank you email for the Managing Director of the company and he replied after a day with "Thank you for coming down and  I will get back to with a response by Tuesday at the latest as I got few more candidates to interview." now my question is whether to reply to this email or not. If I need to email what should I tell.

Thank you

Hi Jeff
Nice gesture from your end and a way to stay connected. The MD has also been courteous in his response. Hopefully he does intend getting back.

If it is recent & not yet Tue, I would respond with a "Thanks for your response. Look forward to your feedback after you have met with the other candidates. Will truly appreciate a feedback."

In case Tue has gone past, I would respond with a "Hope you have seen the other candidates. Will be grateful if you can share your honest feedback about me & let me know where I stand. Look forward to your response."

Hope this helps. Do revert if you want me to clarify any aspect or have other queries. All the best.

Human Resources

Pankaj Bhargava

Questions related to choice of career, inter-personal issues at the workplace, performance management issues, structure issues, compensation structuring issues, culture building issues, linking HR with org. strategy

22 years in HR and Org. Development, designing & facilitating interventions, leading an HR team of an Indian multinational & facilitating multiple organizations across industries to build the desired culture to serve business need

HR magazine of TISS (an HR institute of repute - Tata Institute of Social Sciences)

B. Tech (Chemical Engineering) from IIT Mumbai (one of the most reputed engineering school in India) and PGDM (MBA) from IIM Kolkata (one of the most reputed management institutes in India).

Was awarded the Gold Medal for excellence in HR by the Bengal Chamber of Commerce at IIM