Human Resources/help on career mapping

Hello Sir my name is atul i am a call center executive i was 19 when i started working in a call center for supporting my education financially since i was always passionate about Hr as a domain i wanted to b one today i am 27 yrs old graduate and mastered into HR from pune from a small average institute and now i wanna start my hr career but i have few question in my mind which are given below request you to help me with answering them.

1)I currently earn 20 thousand but to start an Hr job people are not ready to hire me because i am asking for minimum 20k and organisation ready to hire me are barely offering me 10-12k is it ok to compromise with salary @ this point and switch to Hr if i want to.

2)I am not getting hired into companies but just hr consultancies are ready to hire me is that experience valid.

3)will i gain an upper hand in longer run if i give 100% dedication to learn and gain a better HR job

4)should i compromise with my designation as an hr professional because i want to be an all rounder and dont want to restrict my self into one special area of hr so is it good to have one specialization or i should get hired as a trainee and work where ever i get to work under any dept into hr (eg-Hr recruitment is one special area so should i go for one area or work into any multiple hr fields)

Hi Atul,

If you have to go on a long journey and you are standing at a platform and train arrives with a few vacant seats. Next train is after a very long duration say after a year. Will you wait at the platform for your next train or board this train immediately and sit on vacant seat. Answer yourself. Next train may have more vacant seats or say luxury seats or may not be. Choice is yours. Do you need so much of time.

Human Resources

Umesh Chaudhary

I prefer to answer question(s) related to Human Resource processes, career development and counseling.

Over 12 years in the field of Human Resources.

1. An article published in India Today on sexual harassment, 2. People challenges on How to retain talent 3. Management & Human Resource

MBA (HR), M.Phil (HR). I hold various accreditation in the area of Human Resources, Industrial Relations and Employment Laws. I strongly feel the more knowledge you share the more you'll get to learn. There is no age to learning therefore I stay abreast with new developments into HR and Labor Laws; I prefer to attend regular seminars, professional gathering, workshops and lectures. I am also associated with All India Management Association, National HRD Network (Delhi Chapter).