Human Resources/Corporate Guest House.

Dear Pankaj

What are the Business benefits
of having a corporate guest house?.

Dear Prashant
First of all my apologies for the delay in responding. Going through a hectic schedule. Missed your question in the bargain.

Many organizations have used Corporate Guest Houses for several reasons:
a. When the location is remote and there is no good hotel available and it is critical to give the employees traveling in to that location a homely feel. This makes it easy to get employees to travel in there and thus indirectly helps business.

b. When the rates of hotels are too high and it is not value for money. In such cases, apart from the homely feel, there is cost savings that benefits business indirectly.

c. When there are many company people traveling in to a location, there is an opportunity for them to mingle with each other and if they happen to be from different functions/ locations, it leads to cross functional/ location bonding that enables easier transactions between people. This has an indirect benefit to business too.

These are my perspectives on the benefits of a corporate guest house. Hope this helps. Do revert if you want me to clarify any aspect or have further queries. All the best.

Human Resources

Pankaj Bhargava

Questions related to choice of career, inter-personal issues at the workplace, performance management issues, structure issues, compensation structuring issues, culture building issues, linking HR with org. strategy

22 years in HR and Org. Development, designing & facilitating interventions, leading an HR team of an Indian multinational & facilitating multiple organizations across industries to build the desired culture to serve business need

HR magazine of TISS (an HR institute of repute - Tata Institute of Social Sciences)

B. Tech (Chemical Engineering) from IIT Mumbai (one of the most reputed engineering school in India) and PGDM (MBA) from IIM Kolkata (one of the most reputed management institutes in India).

Was awarded the Gold Medal for excellence in HR by the Bengal Chamber of Commerce at IIM