Human Resources/Pay Raise after 2 years at the same job

Question
Jim:

I currently work for a small software company and everyone of us (there are only 8 employees) works from home. When they hired me at 15/hr it was fine for me given my current financial state however like everyone else my living expenses have increased.

Ive done an exemplary job at this company (working nights, weekends etc when it wasn't expected of me and I've never calling in sick even ONCE) and they have acknowledged this fact many times. I am also the only full time tech support person at my company. We have two other employees that assist as time permits. That said I want to ask for a 20 percent raise or 3.00 dollars per hour more. Is it excessive to demand such a raise of that amount or given that its been 2 years would it make more sense given that i could have received around 10 percent each year anyways and now I'm asking for 20 in one shot?

I appreciate your advice here.

Thank you

Answer
Dave
Small companies especially virtual ones are challenging in this regard
Do you ever see your boss?  Time to arrange a meeting to discuss this.  While in the overall, I do not disagree with your value proposition,  the days of 10% per year increases have generally gone the way of the dinosaur.  
In any such discussion first ask about your performance, then discuss the fact you have not received an increase in over two years and go from there.
At this point in your relationship with the Boss I assume you have a solid working relationship?
If so, the conversation should go well.
Let me know how you do.
Jim

Human Resources

Jim Dromsky