Human Resources/Adding Skype account in Resume.

Question
Dear Mark

Do you consider as a good practice by adding Skype account in Resume?

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hi Prashant,

I believe that resumes should contain the high powered information that demonstrates capability, skills, experience, and competencies.  So my opinion is I would limit personal contract info to cell, address, and email. If someone is interested in Skyping with you, they can always set that up through email or a phone call.

For a few reasons, it is probably a good practice these days to limit the amount of personal information out there.  I find that LinkedIn is a great way to share your complete CV ... and that site provides a link that you can use to direct those interested to your information.

Hope that helps. One of these days you will have to share with me the nature of your business... just curious.

Mark

Human Resources

Mark Eichinger