Human Resources/Employees Survey Feedback Questionaire.

Question
Dear Mark

Do you consider as a good HR practice to take Feedback from Employees who has completed 1,2 ... years of service in the co?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hello Prashant,

Sure it is a good practice, but if you are going to use an employee survey to help improve workplace culture and company performance, all employees should be able to take the survey.  Even new employees opinions can help as they have a fresh look at the company, a first impression, and that is very critical, first impressions are everything.  

Also, if you are going to move forward with this, the company needs to commit to sharing the feedback AND, acting on it. The worst thing a company can do is administer a survey, then do nothing with it. It is OK for the company to act on some feedback and not act on some feedback.  BUT, there should be employee meetings to explain planned actions, actions taken, and, why some feedback was not acted on.  

More advanced companies actually form employee action plan groups, give the employee groups the survey results and let the groups recommend to management alternative actions to take.  It is all about involving the employees in improving the company and their work place.

Good luck with this.

Mark

Human Resources

Mark Eichinger