Human Resources/Adding Twitter profile in Resume.

Question
Dear Mark

Do you feel it will add value to your resume by adding twitter profile?

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hello Prashant,

Here is my opinion.

I believe social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, and others, are more “social” media than business oriented.  They have their place in the world when it comes to sharing with family and friends.

Without a doubt, LinkedIn is the most widely known, widely used, widely recognized business oriented site; you will note you will not find many social or similar postings on the site.  So if you are going to compliment your CV / resume with a link from a social media site, my opinion is that LinkedIn is the site of choice, the preferred site.  Its structure is based on a business orientation.

As a closing note, I believe that most companies would use a LinkedIn link provided on a resume as part of their total research on a candidate.  And, I believe most companies would look at other social media sites just to see “what is out there” on a candidate.

Mark

Human Resources

Mark Eichinger