Human Resources/Adding Twitter profile in Resume.

Dear Pankaj

Do you feel it will add value to your resume by adding twitter profile?

Dear Prashant
Interesting question. As always. To be honest, I don't know. However, my bias is that if someone tweets regularly that express the individual's views and one wants the world to know about them, then it will be worthwhile to include the twitter profile.

In that case, visiting the twitter handle will give the reader an insight into the thinking of the person. If one has a twitter profile & has not posted anything & includes it, the downside could be that it leaves an impression that the individual is just into fads without really knowing what to do with it. In such a case, I would hesitate to include it in the resume.

Hope this helps.

Human Resources

Pankaj Bhargava

Questions related to choice of career, inter-personal issues at the workplace, performance management issues, structure issues, compensation structuring issues, culture building issues, linking HR with org. strategy

22 years in HR and Org. Development, designing & facilitating interventions, leading an HR team of an Indian multinational & facilitating multiple organizations across industries to build the desired culture to serve business need

HR magazine of TISS (an HR institute of repute - Tata Institute of Social Sciences)

B. Tech (Chemical Engineering) from IIT Mumbai (one of the most reputed engineering school in India) and PGDM (MBA) from IIM Kolkata (one of the most reputed management institutes in India).

Was awarded the Gold Medal for excellence in HR by the Bengal Chamber of Commerce at IIM