Human Resources/Job/recrutiment

Hi there
I want to see if i can get an answer to my question, i wasnt sure of the exact topic, but human resources was my best guess.

This is the situation, i used to work for an agency that allowed me to work for Amazon as a warehouse operative. Unfortunately i got immediately dismissed from that job for an extremely minor incident. I was wondering could i work for them again but through a different agency.

Its been 8-10 months since i last worked there.

Any info or help on this topic would be appreciated.

Hello Daniel,

Here is my opinion.

Although you work for Amazon through an agency, I would expect that the Amazon HR office maintained some basic records of agency supplied employees.  If that is the case I would expect that the HR office would use their records to screen agency employees who worked for Amazon in the past. If that is the case I would think that your chances of being "rehired" may not be the best.  On the other hand, you have nothing to lose if you give it a try.  And as huge as that business is, HR may not track agency supplied employees.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience the first time around.  You could always "roll the dice" and contact the HR office and see if you can lay some groundwork to again work at the Amazon facility again through an agency.  The best defense is a good offense !

Best of luck, hope it works out.

Human Resources

Mark Eichinger

Any type of question related to domestic and international Human Resources work. My H.R. passions include Compensation design and systems in competitive markets, Health and Safety in Industrial Environments, Performance Management, Talent Management (Hiring, Selection, Employee Development, Compensation, Creating Space, etc.), Communications, Coaching, Counseling, Leadership, and Management. Questions I cannot answer: I am sure there are questions within these categories that I may not be able to answer but my experience below would suggest those would be few.

I own International Human Resources Coaching and Consulting, LLC. Previously, I successfully held corporate executive and management leadership positions from 1979 to 2007 in two $9B+ multi-national corporations. Positions included: Vice President, Human Resources for the Asia Pacific Region, Eaton Corporation; I was based in Shanghai, China. Prior to that assignment, Vice President, Human Resources International and Operations, Eaton World Headquarters, Cleveland, Ohio with global responsibility for Eaton’s Human Resources practices, international assignee management, and Regional Human Resources Directors in Asia Pacific, Europe, and Central and South America. Specifically, my experience spans work at domestic and international locations at the operating plant, division, business unit, and corporate levels and most business scenarios to include startups, closedowns, restructurings, integrations, and ongoing operations. I am an Eaton Business Excellence Assessment Examiner (Malcolm Baldrige based system). I introduced processes and process mapping into the Human Resources environment. I have extensive experience with and working in domestic and international organization matrix structures. In the Asia Pacific region, my responsibilities included, leading the regions H.R. team and processes, managing the H.R. relationship with the corporation, creating and leading the professional and general manager development programs, China’s university relations program and managing the Asia Pacific key leader’s process. I have coached managers and leaders. I am a professional listener, my style open, direct, and focused on leader accountability and employee engagement. In Summary, my career responsibility included more than 60,000 employees, 60 union and union free operations, and 45 countries. I also lived in Korea for two years while in service with the USA’s armed forces.

SCORE – Counselors to Americas Small Business; at various locations I have also belonged to Rotary, Lions, Kiwanis and the Chamber of Commerce. I have served on Boards of medical, community and institutional organizations.

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Youngstown State University. MBA work Youngstown State University, and University of Bridgeport. University of Tennessee, Lean Manufacturing Certified. Thunderbird School of Global Management, Management Certified.

Corporate level awards for compensation systems, communications campaigns.