Human Resources/Employment/Unemployment

Question
Hello,

Two months ago I left one job for a better paying job with  better opportunities for advancement (or so I thought until I was fired from the new job due to no fault of my own).

I'm concerned about receiving my unemployment benefits since I walked away from the old job. Please tell me how the process works. Would I still be able to get my benefits?

Answer
Hello,

The only way to determine if you are eligible for unemployment benefits is to go and file for them.  Laws can differ from state to state.  Possibly your former company would re-hire you.

If you left your former job on good terms, had good performance, gave a notice, and you were fired from your knew job as the new business or company misrepresented the terms and conditions of your employment with them, you may be able to recover lost wages for an indefinite amount of time from your NEW employer. You would have to seek legal assistance to do so.  I have seen this scenario occur in the past.

Sorry I cannot assist you further.

Best of luck !

Mark

Human Resources

Mark Eichinger