Hunting/Coyote hunting in GA

williams wrote at 2008-09-10 13:21:00
coyote is a animal that has no closed season and no bag limit , they are in all 50 states .and ga has way to many because they have no natural predators.its up to the hunters to keep them under control ,because its way to costly to implement a govt. program to reduce their population. kill some deer and scatter the remains around your hunting range and they will come. use calls and decoys and use archery equipment or you"all advertise your honey hole.

Joe wrote at 2013-01-14 03:04:54
I started hunting coyotes at about 14 years old, and i have used many strategies. Trapping, spot and stalk, but my favorite is Calling them in.

find an open field with a high deer or rabbit population, find a spot with enough cover to conceal yourself, and get to calling. Call on and off for at least an hour and if you don't have any luck, find a new spot.

As far as your weapon goes, a low caliber (.243 .223) rifle with a high powered scope would be perfect. I like to bring a 12 gauge along, just in case they get a little too close for comfort.

Good luck, Joe  

Hunting

Mongo