Hunting/Rabbit tail

Question
Kent

I have a rabbits tail that I shot with a .22 pellet gun and would like to keep it. I have had it outside for the last week or so and it seems to be fine and not smelling at all as it has been so cold.

I have been doing some reading about putting tails into salt. So this is what I have done.

Do you suggest any other ways that I can preserve this. Please note that there is bone still in the tail

Answer
If you could take something like an Exacto knife and carefully make a slit in the skin to remove the bone that would be great.  Otherwise, I don't think there is enough "meat" in just the tail to be a problem long term.  You might ask a local taxidermist.

Good luck!
Kent in SD

Hunting

Kent Staubus