Hunting/Bow Shooting

How far do you need to pull the string?

Every bow is different.  Each bow comes with a specific draw length but you should be able to draw the bow back so that the string touches your nose and gives you a specific anchoring point each and every time you draw it back.  Recurve and Traditional bows are different then compound bows in that they are made for a specific draw length but each person will anchor them slightly different.  Compound bows like the Mathews CreedXS have a very specific backwall and are only made to draw to a specific length.  It is easy to get tested at a local archery shop for your specific draw length.  

Kevin Paulson

I can answer questions on all forms of hunting with Big Game Hunting being my specialty. As well I have a strong passion for the North American Conservation Model and work with various conservation organizations to spread the word about what hunters are doing to protect our wildlife and introduce hunters to our traditions and way of life.

I have been a Big Game Guide and Outfitter, I am the founder of and a full time outdoor writer.

Organizations, SEOPA, POMA, RMEF(Life Member), MDF(Life Member), SCI, Pheasants Forever, NWTF, and more.

Publications and various websites nationally

College and the School of Hard Knocks

Field and Stream Past Hero of Conservation