Hunting/Tanning for beginners

Question
Hello. A friend and I want to learn how to brain tan hides traditionally. I've read some sites with instructions, but they leave out details. Some questions I have are...

How much water do we mix with the brains?(random size brain)

What is the best tool for fleshing if we can't get a fleshing knife, sharp knife or dull?(We are overseas military and can't find somethings)

Any tips for softening?
Thank you!!!

Answer
http://braintanned.com/howto.html#sitename. This will help you get it tanned, but remember it is the old way and not the best or even better way. If it were me I would salt it down let it dry ship home when it drys let a family member keep it up for you and when you get home take it to a taxidermy that actually sends hides off for professional tanning then it will be solved is a piece of nice leather with or without hair

Hunting

chris stockton