Hunting/Recurved bow repair

Is it possible to take a twist out of a bow limb? I have a Bear 60" Kodiak.

Many people say the best way to repair a twisted limb on a recurve bow is to replace the bow with a new one.

But sometimes they can be repaired.  See some instructions here:

You can also find some youtube instructions online.

I have never had a twisted limb, and so have not tried it.  I always use a stringer for my bows, so they won't be twisted while stringing.

Hope this helps!

Dave Nyce

I have been an NRA certified rifle, pistol, and shotgun instructor for over 15 years. I was on the Temple University archery team, and was a pistol team captain at a gun club in Pennsylvania for 5 years. I have built muzzle loader handguns and rifles. I have used all of these weapons for hunting. I hunt North American big game, small game, and waterfowl. I can answer questions on hunting safety, getting started as a hunter, equipment and techniques for various types of hunting.

NC certified CCW instructor (concealed carry of weapons). Endowment member of the NRA, Life member of: NC rifle & pistol assoc., National Trapper's Association, and Grass Roots NC.