Hypnosis/Can it help depression/anxiety?

Hi :) I have heard of hypnosis and the likes. I think there is one I can go to in my town, but I was wondering, how can it help my depression and anxiety?

I know when it all started, I THINK I know how it all happened, but I don't know exactly what triggered my downfall. I am still very depressed, major, anxiety, OCD.

Honestly, I feel trapped in my depression, feel like there is no support or help.

Hello Kelly -

Of course I can't give you suggestions about medical treatments for your depression - especially with so little information.

Are you under a doctor's care and have you asked him/her about this?

I can tell you that hypnotherapy with a competent practitioner has been used (and is often used) for the treatment of both anxiety and depression.

I will caution you that some hypnotherapists are better trained than others and some are more effective than others, so it'd be nice if you could get a reference or referral ... Many hypnotherapists will have a free consultation with you either by phone or in person before you go see them, and that also might help you decide.

I'm so sorry I took long to reply.  I was traveling outside the country for the past month teaching a course and couldn't keep up with my email.  Apologies.

Michael Watson

I am a hypnotherapy educator with over twenty five years experience in the field. Expertise in both Ericksonian and traditional applications.

Educator of the Year (2009) from the International Association of Counselors and Therapists (IACT)