Hypoglycemia/is this normal?

Question

I'm hoping you can tell me if this is normal, as I'm confused about what I have read online and what I've been taught. I'm a student nurse and the hospital I'm on placement at says normal blood glucose is between 4 and 7 mmol. I often feel tired and lethargic, weak and dizzy, but my blood pressure often falls quite low...it usually runs around 104 systolic but can dip to 99. I also don't eat and drink as I should when I'm on placement - I work 13.5 hour shifts, am on my feet the whole time, and probably drink a total of half a litre of fluid and I'm lucky if I get to eat a sandwich or a couple of chocolates from the desk.So I'd expect my blood sugars to be low then.

However, I have had three days off, and have been eating and drinking as normal. Today, I woke, and ate soya and linseed bread toast with an olive oil spread with a coffee, milk and sweetener. About three hours later I had a packet of crisps (chips) as a snack. A friend was testing her blood sugar so out of curiosity I checked mine, and it was 3.9. I had literally just finished eating my crisps. I washed my hands and dried them thoroughly and tried again....still 3.9.

However I looked online and it says 3 to 3.9 can be considered normal in adults. I don't have diabetes (as far as I know).

Should I be worried about this?

Thank you for reading, I look forward to your reply

Answer
I don't know the UK to US conversion for blood sugar. Our normal is 70 to 90 (plus or minus).  If you are feeling rotten and your blood sugar is normal, you may want to explore adrenal fatigue or nutrition deficiencies.
Let me know about this conversion so I can help you.
Thanks,
Jen
Http://jenspringer.com

Hypoglycemia

Jen Crippen