Hypoglycemia/Does this sound like hypoglycemia?

A few weeks ago I started noticing that I was getting a little trembly when I'm hungry. I've been more tired than usual and it's been difficult to motive myself to sit down and do what I like. Over the past weeks it's been getting worse. Now even just a half hour after I've eaten I can barely keep my pencil steady while writing. I feel the need to take constant breaks and lie down. Also, I constantly feel like I'm about to get a bad headache. I've been getting decent amounts of sleep (7 hours every night), so I shouldn't be feeling like I might pass out.

Also, a couple weeks ago, I woke up and got a sudden muscle spasm in my left leg. I sat up, bent my leg, and the pain went down significantly. However, I suddenly got very dizzy, my body went cold and numb, and I fell. I couldn't get up for a few minutes and my energy just felt drained (sudden drop in blood pressure?).

I think I'm going to go to the doctor for it soon, but I'd like some insight on it first. Also, I'm slightly overweight (maybe by 10-20 lbs). I don't exercise often, but that's because of injuries. Other than that I rarely get sick.

There is so much that could be going on, but you might be right with the blood sugar. Even if it is blood sugar, the question to ask is what causes the blood sugar problem?

If you get tested for hypoglycemia, make sure it's a 6 hour glucose tolerance test. A 3 or 4 hour one will show you NOTHING! It will be a waste of time and money. If you are reactive hypo, you will see it at hour 4 or 5.

The key to fixing hypoglycemia is not eating all the time, it's rebuilding your body because something is deficient either from a nutrition or lifestyle standpoint.  

This is a good place to start, here is my adrenal fatigue audio basics!

The adrenals are a good place to start, also focus on the liver. BUT start with the adrenals!

Hope this helps get you started.

Let me know when you are ready for the next step.

Jen Springer

Jen Crippen

I cannot answer questions that would give medical advice, diagnose, or treat people's hypoglycemia.

I have been a natural health practitioner in Illinois since 2001 and have educated thousands of people on nutrition and healthy living. Although, this did not prepare me for what happened in 2007 when I became very ill with adrenal fatigue and hypoglycemia. I have been able to correct my health issues working along with my doctors as partners on my team. I encourage people to go back to their doctors, get educated, and become empowered patients. I've gone to the school of hard knocks the my own health and feel obligated to share with others how I got better. Plus, my experience as and educator and author helps :)

Essential Lifestyle Magazine Ezine

B.S. Environmental Science Licensed Massage Therapist IL Currently enrolled in Masters Degree Program in Holistic Nutrition Expert Aromatherapist Neurolink Practitioner Iridology Tongue, Face, & Nail Analysis Reiki Master Teacher

I have a few thousand clients that I have worked with since 2001 regarding natural health education - either via seminars, tele-trainings, newsletters, etc. In my private practice, I maintain a select group of clients averaging about 10 a week. I see them in my office or consult via telephone.