Hypoglycemia/Reduced intake of sugar and low blood sugar

Question
Hi Jen,

I was hoping you could please help me?

Over the past month I've successfully reduced a lot of sugar in my diet.  The only problem now is I have low blood sugar symptoms all the time.  I recognise them because I have had these symptoms throughout my life but more often than not infrequently so I received no treatment.

Do you think it is literally the lack of sugar that is causing my low blood sugar symptoms?  Is it as simple as that?  I would have thought I would have had these symptoms when I was previously scoffing biscuits and cakes, etc.

Also, I have (over the past couple of days) consciously eaten more regularly e.g. having breakfast which I usually hate to see if it will make a difference.

Strangely I have done many 24 hour fasts in the past and I was fine!

Thanks for your help.

Lisa.

Answer
Your cells are probably screaming for sugar! That's why you are feeling that way. Few ideas for you, don't cut out carbs all the way. Do some really complex carbs (wild rice, quinoa, sweet potato) in small portions. About 1/4 cup with meals is a good rule of thumb.  

Be sure to eat every 3-4 hours for a while too. Include fat and protein in every snack/meal.

Now for the good stuff. Adrenal fatigue & insulin resistance are probably at the root of that.  Are you familiar with either of these?  Repairing these will require some nutritional supplementation.

jen

Hypoglycemia

Jen Crippen