ICQ/Mobile show Offline

Question
I am wondering if you know if after a certain amount of inactive time, if ICQ mobile will switch to offline.  For example I have a friend who has been out of mobile service for a week.  Prior to today the mobile icon has shown that he is online as mobile, this afternoon it shows he is offline.  I know he is still out of mobile range so I am wondering if this is an automatic response from ICQ.  Thank you for your time.
Sara

Answer
Hello Sara,

thanks for your question. According to my knowledge, your assumption is correct. Facebook works the same way.

It doesn't make sense to show a user "online on mobile" if he has no network connection.

Hope this helps!
All the best!
Joerg

ICQ

Joerg Droege