IT and Business Architecture/business analyst path

Myself Aashish & now studing Msc computer sci. I want to do a career as a business analyst & also i know for the certification it required exprience but i don't know the entry level path in a company to become a Business Analyst.
My friend suggested me the path from Oracle DBA.
Is this right path for me or
Is there any other path to go for business analyst.

Because of my computer background i choose Information Technology (IT) area to become a BA.

And also i am not intrested in programming like c, java languages.

So please suggest me the entry level in a company or the step by step way which help for my BA career.

I would suggest looking an end-user business, like banking (although they pay poorly) or telecoms.  Business Analysis is the cornerstone to most successful projects (Business and IT) and it is the process as well as the data objects which are critical.  If you do with Oracle or one of the development houses you will quickly be drawn down to the lowest physical and technical layers which is relatively confining and mechanical.  At the higher levels, contextual, conceptual, and logical you will find a much richer and more broader exploration of what a business does, what its needs and goals are and how to shape the direction for the business.  Also a strong business analysis skill and experience across function (organizational) domains gives you a broader perspective and provides opportunities to grow into an Enterprise Architecture role.  It will be daunting at times, but never boring or repetitive.  Also strong analysts can move in to adjacent areas as well as up the ladder.

Royden Akerley

IT and Business Architecture

Royden Akerley

Any architectural question relating to the business change, requirements, and solution design activities as a part of the business/IT development process. I can discuss SOA, and traditional development, design patterns, architectural paradigms, and professional accreditation (or associations).

1974 began as a system operator in SHL Atlantic. 1978 worked as developer and data base anlyst. 1986 became a software designer. 1989 became an enterprise level Technical Director and Architect for Blue Chip company. Ardent adherent to the ISO and CMM standards for process standardization and improvement since 1988 Concentrated on the design or re-engineering of large complex applications since 1989 (majority of projects were over $10M USD and 2 were over $100M USD) High-performance strategist focusing on optimizing efficiency and creating competitive advantage Respected professional, repeatedly recruited to build start-up IT infrastructures that bolster profitable growth, manage quality development/delivery activities, turnaround poorly performing programs, and architect solutions to maximize ROI. Thought leader and industry recognized expert in Service Oriented Architect, lecturing and consulting to industry and government globally. Contributes regularly and participates as speaker in 2-3 conferences a year around the globe. Led the architecture and integration of hardware, firmware and software relating to large-scale intranets and data inter/exchange using everything from EDI through FTP to XML for financial institutions, telecommunications firms and governments Exceptional communicator, who combines solid business and technical acumen while building consensus and creates synergy among diverse groups. Experience with Banking, Logistics, Telecommunications, Government Currently one of 5 Enterprise Architects for the worlds largest logistics and express company.

International Association of System Architects | Canadian Information Processing Society | World Wide Institute of Software Architects | Open group - Architecture Forum | Data Processing Management Association | International Programmers Guild

B Comm - Major: Data Processing Management, Minor: Accounting | Certificate - Scientific Computer Programming | M Sc - Information Science | DCS - Thesis - "Business Alignment, Change and IT Requirements Management"

CIPPA Award (1992, 2005) SIAAA Award (2008)

Aliant Communications | Atlantic Kidney Transplant Clinic | BC Workers Compensation Board | Brascan Power | CARIS | Corkette McConnell | DFA Philippines | DHL Express | DHL Global Forwarding | DHL SPL Asia | ESA | Globe Telecom | GTE | Hong Kong Government | LRA Philippines | LTO Philippines | Malaysia Government | Ministerio de la Salud Pública – Chile | NB Tel | NSO Philippines | PCI – Equitable Bank | PharmaCare | Phil Health | Rural Health Administration – Uganda | Smart Communications | World Health Organization