IT and Business Architecture/Network Share

I have a Desktop a PC and a Laptop both with Win7 64Bit and I have my Laptop setup on my Wi Fi Router and always Print from it.

I set my Desktop and Laptop bot on the same Workgroup Name.
In the Workgroup Name Windows had       WORKGROUP   so I left it.

And my Desktop and Laptop both have there own Computer Names.

Then go to my Desktop PC an go to start and then type    advanced sharing.
Then set Password Protect to Turn Off and click save changes.

Then I do this on my Laptop as well.

Now I made a Folder called Music on my Laptops Desktop so I right click it and go to Shar Tab.

And yes I Add my Desktop PC Name to the list and give it Read/Write Acess.

Now I go back to my Desktop and Right Click My Computer and click Map Network Drive.
It then opens and I click Brows and it looks for my Laptop and finds it.

I then click my Laptop Name in the List and a window opens.

Logon Failure
Bad Logon or Password.

Then it wants me to enter a User Name and a Password.

My Laptop does not have one.

Is this because I always put my Laptop to sleep when I am not using it?

No. The problem is that when the system re-activates it does not have a user identity. Networks (workgroups are a subset of it) work off of permissions. Permissions are tied to a user identity. Having a laptop without an user and password means it is an orphan device. The network does not know who is using it and hence what permissions to associate, so it removes any temporary permission set.

IT and Business Architecture

Royden Akerley

Any architectural question relating to the business change, requirements, and solution design activities as a part of the business/IT development process. I can discuss SOA, and traditional development, design patterns, architectural paradigms, and professional accreditation (or associations).

1974 began as a system operator in SHL Atlantic. 1978 worked as developer and data base anlyst. 1986 became a software designer. 1989 became an enterprise level Technical Director and Architect for Blue Chip company. Ardent adherent to the ISO and CMM standards for process standardization and improvement since 1988 Concentrated on the design or re-engineering of large complex applications since 1989 (majority of projects were over $10M USD and 2 were over $100M USD) High-performance strategist focusing on optimizing efficiency and creating competitive advantage Respected professional, repeatedly recruited to build start-up IT infrastructures that bolster profitable growth, manage quality development/delivery activities, turnaround poorly performing programs, and architect solutions to maximize ROI. Thought leader and industry recognized expert in Service Oriented Architect, lecturing and consulting to industry and government globally. Contributes regularly and participates as speaker in 2-3 conferences a year around the globe. Led the architecture and integration of hardware, firmware and software relating to large-scale intranets and data inter/exchange using everything from EDI through FTP to XML for financial institutions, telecommunications firms and governments Exceptional communicator, who combines solid business and technical acumen while building consensus and creates synergy among diverse groups. Experience with Banking, Logistics, Telecommunications, Government Currently one of 5 Enterprise Architects for the worlds largest logistics and express company.

International Association of System Architects | Canadian Information Processing Society | World Wide Institute of Software Architects | Open group - Architecture Forum | Data Processing Management Association | International Programmers Guild

B Comm - Major: Data Processing Management, Minor: Accounting | Certificate - Scientific Computer Programming | M Sc - Information Science | DCS - Thesis - "Business Alignment, Change and IT Requirements Management"

CIPPA Award (1992, 2005) SIAAA Award (2008)

Aliant Communications | Atlantic Kidney Transplant Clinic | BC Workers Compensation Board | Brascan Power | CARIS | Corkette McConnell | DFA Philippines | DHL Express | DHL Global Forwarding | DHL SPL Asia | ESA | Globe Telecom | GTE | Hong Kong Government | LRA Philippines | LTO Philippines | Malaysia Government | Ministerio de la Salud Pública – Chile | NB Tel | NSO Philippines | PCI – Equitable Bank | PharmaCare | Phil Health | Rural Health Administration – Uganda | Smart Communications | World Health Organization