Idaho/Coeur D’Alene area

I am trying to plan a summer vacation for 6 mature adults. I found Coeur D’Alene & it looks wonderful. I cannot seem to find other places to travel around the Coeur D’Alene area. We like lots of beautiful outdoor activitiy.
I would appreciate any leads you can offer.

Hi Peggy,
 Coeur d'Alene is so gorgeous!!  I am sending you some web sites that give all kinds of ideas of what to do in the area.  If you play golf, do play at the Coeur d'Alene Resort Course with it's famous floating green. A trip to Sandpoint is also recommended.  There is the Cedar Street Bridge which is a shopping/dining experience downtown, as well as a beach there.  The thing we always enjoyed most in that area was just driving arond, and taking picnics each day.  
 Faragut State Park at one time was a submarine base...........!!!!   There are just so many things to do if you like hiking, boating, sightseeing.  Here are some web sites to let you know what is available:

I included the fishing site because, you might be "fisher persons" and because it gives lots of great information about access to the rivers for a hike or picnic. I hope these sites help you with your planning.
 Idaho's slogan used to be:  Idaho IS what America WAS!  It is still apt, except maybe in places like downtown Couer d'Alene, and even there, the people are wonderful.  
 Have a great trip, and if there is anything else I can help you with, please write back.
  I hope you have a wonderful time, and if I can help you further, please let me know.

Laine Wightman

We lived in Idaho for many years, and traveled extensively while there and whenever we have a chance now. We love Idaho, it`s cities and mountains. It truly is a place that IS what America WAS. I can help with information on campgrounds, RV Parks, and particularly the SW area of the State, as we lived in Boise, and also in the mountains north of Boise, although we have been to all areas of Idaho.

I was an "expert" on since the beginning, and even before the wonderful Sue Meacham became an expert. I was asked to do that by the founding father of, and before took over.