Identifying Unknown Plants/Unknown plant

gits wrote at 2014-08-16 17:45:36
I was looking to identify what seems like the same plant. It's tall and the leaves and stem are soft and furry. Small buds formed hidden under the large leaves and yellow flowers have bloomed. the seed pods look like in your picture. I dont' know what it is either. I'm in MA and the plant is growing in part sun, in my garden.  

LR wrote at 2015-07-19 01:21:13
I am in Mpls, MN and I have the same exact tall stemmed, big leaf plant the same as you. I still do not know what it is and am hoping it's not a weed.  

DJ wrote at 2016-08-06 20:25:47
We have this same plant in Memphis TN area.....It has a little yellow bloom, then turns into this pod like thing as seen in the picture.  We have been trying to figure out what it is....Maybe a weed?? I could send a pic of the bloom if you need to see it..

William Higgins wrote at 2016-08-16 17:42:47
I have the same plant growing in Mississauga, ON

Do not know what it is. May have come from potting soil.

Chip wrote at 2016-08-21 20:30:30
This is Velvetleaf.  I have this too, and I must have looked at 2000 random weed pics before I found this.

http://www.nwcb.wa.gov/detail.asp?weed=1  

Identifying Unknown Plants

rick