Identifying Unknown Plants/hawaiian flowering tree

QUESTION: I've attached a photo of the blossom on top of the leaf from a tree I cannot find identification for.  It's in Kauai.  If you need pics of actual tree let me know and I"ll take one.

Hope you know what this is, I think it's common.

ANSWER: Send me one photo of the whole tree and one photo of the leaf/leaf bud area...

QUESTION: This particular tree is just finished blooming so there are no blossoms on it.  Hope this helps.

I am in southern NJ. Native plants vary from one area to another.

In this case I would recommend taking a picture of the plant and flower to a local garden center. You may have to go to more than one to get the right answer. Try a reputable garden center VS a chain store. You could also contact your local (Hawaii state/county) Agricultural Extension service in your area. Or type in "Hawaii native species flowering trees"  into your search engine and compare pictures to yours.

Sorry I could not be more helpful.
Good luck,

Identifying Unknown Plants

i can answer most questions pertaining to general plant identification. if you e-mail digital pictures to me i can sight ID most plants sold at garden centers. i owned & operated a garden center/landscape company for 20+ years in NJ, selling all kinds of plants (deciduous, evergreen, annual, perennial, tropical, etc.).

PSE&G, DuPont Co., Ganes Chemical Co., BF Goodrich, McDonalds, NJ State Park Services, Atlantic Electric (now CONECTIV),