Identifying Unknown Plants/lawn coverage options

Question
Hello,

I live in Atlanta, GA.
I currently have a grass lawn in the front of my house. My back yard is a grass lawn also, but with boarders of mulch against the fence and under my deck.

I am looking to replace dirt/mulch areas and some grass areas with some type of plant/grass/weed, something!

Critiria:

-durable
-afforable, I have a lot of area to cover so I think I'll need a lot of seed. The more affordable the better!
-little to low maintenance
-preferably lasts all year, but doesn't matter.
-color doesn't matter.

Hope this is not asking for much, but what your your suggestions?

Terrell

Answer
Terrell
Plants that grow in one area do not necessarily grow in other areas of the country...Plant types (evergreen VS diciduous, growth characteristics, color, etc.) vary from area to area...I am in southern NJ...Our climate is very different from yours...
I would recommend you go to a local garden center (not chain-store) for advice in your area...You may have to visit more than one to find someone knowledgeable...
Hope this helps...Good luck...
Rick  

Identifying Unknown Plants

rick