Identifying Unknown Plants/unknown bushes

Question
I live in south Mississippi and I have three unknown bushes in the front of my house. They have light green leaves and off white speckles on the tips of them. They also have a tiny white flower that sprouts in the middle of a cluster of leaves. They smell very similar to a gardenia or hobey suckle.

Answer
Jennifer
Most plants are classified by the structure of the flowers they produce...Plants that grow in your area do not necessarily grow in other areas...I looked at many plant pictures of the plant you described but could find none that looked like yours...Mock orange and a few others are similar...
For a quicker answer I would recommend you take a sample of a section of the plant and a picture to a local garden center (Not chain store)...Ask them if they can ID it...You may have to visit more than one to find someone knowledgeable...

Hope this info helps you ID it...
Good luck...
Rick in southern New Jersey  

Identifying Unknown Plants

rick