Identifying Unknown Plants/Plant identification help

Hello, My Mom was hiking with my niece and they came across a plant (weed?) in the hills near Mountain Home, Idaho. This about 30 miles south of Boise, ID. She sent me three pictures of this plant, but I can't seem to find out what it is. I have attached  the pictures to aid in identification. The plant has big leaves all along the stalk from bottom up to the top where there are small yellow flowers just starting to bloom.

Sounds like it could be Flannel Mullein (Also called Boy Scout Torch" or "Toilet Paper Plant"...Type Flannel Mullein into your search engine and compare the pictures to your plant...
Flowering plants (angiosperms) are classified by the structure of the flowers they produce...
Plants that grow in one area of the country do not necessarily grow in other areas...
For a quicker and more precise answer I would recommend you take a sample of a section of the plant and/or a picture of the plants to a local garden center (Not chain store)...Ask them if they can ID it...You may have to visit more than one to find someone knowledgeable...

Hope this helps you ID them...
Good luck...
Rick in southern New Jersey  

Identifying Unknown Plants

i can answer most questions pertaining to general plant identification. if you e-mail digital pictures to me i can sight ID most plants sold at garden centers. i owned & operated a garden center/landscape company for 20+ years in NJ, selling all kinds of plants (deciduous, evergreen, annual, perennial, tropical, etc.).

PSE&G, DuPont Co., Ganes Chemical Co., BF Goodrich, McDonalds, NJ State Park Services, Atlantic Electric (now CONECTIV),