Identifying Unknown Plants/Unknown plant

Question
Plant
Plant  
QUESTION: Hi!  Could you please advise if this is a weed, or a flowering plant?  Trying to determine if I should pull it up or leave it.

ANSWER: Hi Jen,

From the picture, it appears to be a type of leaf lettuce.  I'd be eating it now.  The older it gets, and the hotter the temperature, lettuce gets bitter-tasting.
Thanks,
Susan

QUESTION: Wow, thanks so much!  The seeds from my neighbors garden must have gotten transported over to mine.  I would have never guessed it was lettuce - it looks so different from in the store!  

Is it possible to move the plants without killing them off?  While I wouldn't mind growing and eating my own veg, the front garden's not really the right place for it :)

Answer
Hi Jen,

Hold off on moving those - now that I'm looking at the picture again, I think I was wrong.  I think those may be poppies.  Whatever it is, it's about to flower, which will confirm one way or the other what it is.  Lettuce has a whiter sap and tiny, yellow, dandelion type flowers.  Poppies form a larger flower head, and are mauve-pink.  The latex from poppies is light orange.  Do let me know what it turns out to be!
Thanks,
Susan

Identifying Unknown Plants

Susan Tabor