Identifying Unknown Plants/Unknown plant

Unknown plant
Unknown plant  

Unknown plant 2
Unknown plant 2  
I wonder if you could help.
I have attached a picture of a plant that I have found growing wild on roadsides and dry stone walls in Wales, UK. It flowers at this time of year (june) and the majority I have seen have been pink in colour. They grow about 3 foot tall, with clusters of small flowers on each spike.
Any ideas of what this could be?
Kind reageda

Hi Damian,

I believe this is Centranthus Ruber.  The common names are Red Valerian and Jupiters Beard.  The color varies from red to pink.  How beautiful.  I wouldn't be suprised to learn that this is the flower that inspired Tennyson's poem "Flower in a Crannied Wall".  Thanks for sharing it with me.
Kind Regards,

Identifying Unknown Plants

Susan Tabor

I can identify most weeds, ornamentals,and wild plants by description or photo. If it is completely unknown to me, I can usually type info into a botanical search engine and find it. I am familiar with unusual plants from all over the world.

Thirty-five years of research and experience in horticulture.

You already have that information. I'm just listing myself in a new catagory.