Identifying Unknown Plants/Bad weeds

Question
Hello Rick,

My lawn has been for a long time free of bad weeds--I personally take care of them--but lately there's one that has been proliferating and it's got me worried. I'm sending a couple of pictures hoping you please tell me about these, like the names, and how to get rid of them. The one that has flowers is not so pervasive, but the other one worries me the most.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Answer
Rick
None of your pictures came through...Send them to rleehern@hotmail.com and I'll see what I can do to help ID them...Put Plant ID on the subject line...
One person's weed can be another person's valuable plant...Flowering plants (angiosperms) - even weeds are classified by the structure of the flowers they produce...
Plants that grow in one area of the country do not necessarily grow in other areas...
For a quicker and more precise answer I would recommend you take a sample of a section of the plant and/or a picture of the plants to a local garden center (Not chain store)...Ask them if they can ID it...You may have to visit more than one to find someone knowledgeable...

Hope this helps you ID them...
Good luck...
Rick in southern New Jersey

Identifying Unknown Plants

rick