Identifying Unknown Plants/plant id

Question
strange plant
strange plant  
Can you tell me what this plant is growing in my yard.  I did not plant it and has been coming up this year in my flower bed. There are more sprouts today.  Afraid it may be some sort of poison ivy, but it didn't give me any rash. It is now getting some small white flowers.  Thank you

Answer
Hi Debra,

It's definitely not poison ivy, which has 3 leaflets.  This looks like a really healthy Pokeweed.  If I'm correct, the stem will begin to turn a fuschia color as it ages, and the tiny, white flower head will give way to a stalk of purple berries.  It has a pretty good size taproot, which you will need to remove if you don't want the plant to keep coming back.
Thanks for your question.
Susan

Identifying Unknown Plants

Susan Tabor