Identifying Unknown Plants/Gaillardia from Lowes

Question
I bought this Gaillardia at Lowe's but they don't tell the variety. The site included is the same picture that is on the tag from my plant, half the flowers were gone but It didn't have any all yellow or all red flowers. I want to know if it is a native Florida variety. http://www.lowes.com/pd_468547-70792-NURSERY_0__?productId=50010118

Answer
shelly
I am in southern NJ. Native plants vary from one area to another.

In this case I would recommend taking a picture of the plant and flower to local garden center. You may have to go to more than one to get the right answer. Try a reputable garden center VS a chain store. You could also contact your local (FL state/county) Agricultural Extension service in your area. Or type in "Fl native species gaillarda plants"  into your search engine and compare pictures to yours.

Sorry I could not be more helpful.
Good luck,
Rick  

Identifying Unknown Plants

rick