Identifying Unknown Plants/Vine

Question
Vine
Vine  
This vine never much interested me until the previous fall when it produced what looked like grapes. It produced dark red round fruit with skin and flesh similar to grapes. What threw me off was the smell of them. They had a pronounced spicy smell, like that of a jalapeņo pepper. The leaves are heart shaped with jagged edges.

Answer
Hi Justin,

That looks like a Muscadine grape.  Wild muscadines are usually produced in clusters of 3 or 4, rather than the classic bunch, and the fruit is larger with a thicker skin.  They do have a spicy, musky odor.  Muscadines grow wild all over the Southern US from Virginia to Texas.  The fruit makes a great wine or jelly.
Thanks,
Susan

Identifying Unknown Plants

Susan Tabor