Identifying Unknown Plants/Invasive Vine ID

Question
Vine
Vine  

Same
Same  
I would love to know what this pesky vine is. Obviously carried by birds, it takes over everything. Roundup doesn't slow it down, even with an accelerant and surfactant added to the mix.

Thanks,

Bill

Answer
Hi Bill,

That is Pepper Vine (ampelopsis arborea).  I know what you mean about roundup not slowing it down much - I'm fighting it at my house, too.  It has long underground runners, and killing the above ground parts merely causes it to pop up somewhere else.  It can make vines too big for loppers to cut, and any root pieces left underground form new vines.  You really have to declare war on it - try and get as much of the root as you can, and keep pulling and spraying.
Good luck!
Susan

Identifying Unknown Plants

Susan Tabor