Iguanas/blisters on my iguanas side

Victoria wrote at 2012-12-18 05:19:28
It's called vesicular dermatitis also known as blister disease, scale rot, or nectrotizing dermatitis it's caused by moist dirty environments. As the ig is forced to sit on damp substrate with feces routing food or urate the skin becomes infected. Since your ig had a bad beginning it will cause him to get sicker more quickly . take him to an exotic vet immediately. Go to they will give you a great list of reptile specialist. My iguana was recentl in that condition and he is recovering, if his cage is kept clean it may be another cause. But that's what I know

I am well versed in all aspects of the care and keeping of green iguanas. This includes all husbandry issues pertaining to the Green Iguana. I am not a vet so I cannot answer medical questions, other than ideas for normal supplementation, removing stuck shed, dropped tail and mites and other general health questions

I own 3 green iguanas, two of which are rescues. I've had my Iguanas for 11 years. I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas. I've rescued and rehabbed several young iguanas and have placed them in wonderful forever homes. I prefer taking in the "hard cases" that need critical care.

Scales and Tails Exotic Pet Rescue (one of the founding members)

One of the Co Authors of the Book "The Iguana Dens Care and Keeping of Giant Green Iguanas"

I was a vet tech for a small animal practice for 6 years.

I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas.(babyiguana) I have answered several Iguana questions on the "reptile" forum on here.