Iguanas/Need help!

Jennessa wrote at 2012-12-09 15:57:15
He has no heat that he could be climbing on to.  I keep his lamp outside of his cage, and there is no heating pad underneath it.  He usually just sits up on his branch and naps.  But at night, he lays on the bottom of his cage that is just one big piece of green felt type fabric they recommended at the pet store.  If this helps, the splotches appear dry, almost flaky...  

I am well versed in all aspects of the care and keeping of green iguanas. This includes all husbandry issues pertaining to the Green Iguana. I am not a vet so I cannot answer medical questions, other than ideas for normal supplementation, removing stuck shed, dropped tail and mites and other general health questions

I own 3 green iguanas, two of which are rescues. I've had my Iguanas for 11 years. I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas. I've rescued and rehabbed several young iguanas and have placed them in wonderful forever homes. I prefer taking in the "hard cases" that need critical care.

Scales and Tails Exotic Pet Rescue (one of the founding members)

One of the Co Authors of the Book "The Iguana Dens Care and Keeping of Giant Green Iguanas"

I was a vet tech for a small animal practice for 6 years.

I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas.(babyiguana) I have answered several Iguana questions on the "reptile" forum on here.