Iguanas/weird noises?

i don't know if i was sleeping and its normal, but it seems that my iguana is snoring. last night i noticed he was clicking in his sleep and, i wanna say sneezing, its like hes blowing a snot rocket. and something i found weird cuz i never heard it before. he would lift his head, open his mouth, and make a noise that sounded like a very small cat meow. i dont know if hes done it before, its while were in bed. is this normal or should i get him a check up?

Hi Layla,
It sounds like your ig may have a respiratory infection. He needs to see a vet and the sooner the better.  Do make sure his temperatures in his cage are correct. Basking area in the upper 70-s to low 80's and overall temps upper 80's.  Also, try to give him warmer temps at the upper 70's to low 80's.

I am well versed in all aspects of the care and keeping of green iguanas. This includes all husbandry issues pertaining to the Green Iguana. I am not a vet so I cannot answer medical questions, other than ideas for normal supplementation, removing stuck shed, dropped tail and mites and other general health questions

I own 3 green iguanas, two of which are rescues. I've had my Iguanas for 11 years. I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas. I've rescued and rehabbed several young iguanas and have placed them in wonderful forever homes. I prefer taking in the "hard cases" that need critical care.

Scales and Tails Exotic Pet Rescue (one of the founding members)

One of the Co Authors of the Book "The Iguana Dens Care and Keeping of Giant Green Iguanas"

I was a vet tech for a small animal practice for 6 years.

I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas.(babyiguana) I have answered several Iguana questions on the "reptile" forum on here.