Iguanas/Healing burns, shedding problem??

Jennessa wrote at 2013-02-01 14:57:10
I noticed the skin shedding in multiple areas/layers also... Yes, it seems to have spread... However, the vet here (out 12 only ONE will even LOOK AT reptiles) does not appear to know what he is doing... He always gets out a book that shows him what they eat and what not.  Then he lectures me about lights, and says "well, he looks good other than that."  So... I'm pretty much on my own... What do you think I could get over the counter wise? Maybe some anti bacterial creme of some kind??

Jennessa wrote at 2013-02-01 15:04:51
Also, he doesn't seem to be growing a lot.  He's had a bit of growth but it seems to be slower than what seems to be normal.  Do you have any tips or tricks on how to help him grow?

I am well versed in all aspects of the care and keeping of green iguanas. This includes all husbandry issues pertaining to the Green Iguana. I am not a vet so I cannot answer medical questions, other than ideas for normal supplementation, removing stuck shed, dropped tail and mites and other general health questions

I own 3 green iguanas, two of which are rescues. I've had my Iguanas for 11 years. I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas. I've rescued and rehabbed several young iguanas and have placed them in wonderful forever homes. I prefer taking in the "hard cases" that need critical care.

Scales and Tails Exotic Pet Rescue (one of the founding members)

One of the Co Authors of the Book "The Iguana Dens Care and Keeping of Giant Green Iguanas"

I was a vet tech for a small animal practice for 6 years.

I own a yahoo group dedicated to raising healthy iguanas.(babyiguana) I have answered several Iguana questions on the "reptile" forum on here.