Iguanas/curly tail

Question
Around Christmas of 2013 my Iggy dropped his tail. Its growing back, but its curled. Where it broke off is straightened and keeps getting long. But the end is still curled. Will it straighten itself out or is he going to have to loose the end of his lethal "whip" again? (I'd attach a photo if I had one).

Answer
Hi Layla,
If it is hard and dry, then yes, it will most likely need removed....if it looks like healthy tail tissue, then chances are there was some nerve damage with the old break and it will most likely remain curled.  Keep a close eye on it and don't hesitate to get to the vet if it is dry or becomes dry.  

Iguanas

Diane