Image Consulting/fitting in

Question
I'm going to visit ex's family in nc and I'm from ny
I havent been around them in a while and they are very
much in to brand names and concern for family image as
they are part of high society. I have been MIA to this
life and only because of my daughter am I willing to go
could you recommend a style  for the visit in june
I'm in my 40's but look like im in my 30's

Answer
Laura,
I would suggest that you keep your attire and accessories simple.
I recommend two options:
1. Wear a blouse or shirt (in a neutral color), jeans, and shoes (sandals or ballerina flats.
2. Wear a sundress with sandals.
Wear minimal jewelry and keep makeup simple but tasteful.

To make a favorable impression, please ensure that your clothes fit well and that you are meticulously groomed (especially your hair and nails-both finger and toes).

Don't try to hard to "fit" in to the point that you become uncomfortable-just be yourself. Most of all, observe and listen more than you speak and give everyone you meet eye contact and a genuine smile!

All the best,

Magoe

Image Consulting

Magoe Johnson