Image Consulting/What will flatter my body type

Question
Hello!

Can you help me figure out what type of style will downplay my body flaws? I am overweight and I carry my weight on my tummy - it's ROUND and I am often though to be pregnant (I'm not!).  But I also have a small bust (barely A cup).  Any suggestions?  If I buy something to fit my chest, it's too tight on my tummy, and if I buy something to fit my waist line, it's too loose up top.  Empire waist and peasant type shirts are such pregnancy type styles.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Answer
Dear Nicole,

I would suggest you wear tops that are loose fitting with minimum details in design to distract from eyes focusing on your tummy or chest. Look for tops that only require minimum alterations and take them to a professional tailor to have them altered to your liking. If this doesn't work for you, I would highly recommend that you consider consulting with and hiring a reputable dressmaker or tailor who can custom design your garments to ensure that they fit your upper body and look fabulous on you!

Fashionably,
Magoe

Image Consulting

Magoe Johnson